SPS Technology invented and patented the Sandwich Plate System (SPS). SPS Overlay is the marine repair application of SPS technology that delivers a fast, non-disruptive and economic steel reinstatement and strengthening solution. SPS Technology has over ten years experience of designing, securing regulatory approval for and executing SPS projects worldwide.
- SPS is a structural composite material comprising two metal plates bonded with a solid polyurethane elastomer core
- Polyurethane core developed jointly with BASF, who supply material globally
- Approved by major regulatory authorities, SPS is used in a wide variety of civil, offshore, maritime and special applications including: stadia terraces, structural flooring, bridge decks and the repair of offshore structures and maritime vessels
- SPS is much simpler than stiffened steel plate and much lighter, slimmer and faster to erect than reinforced concrete
- SPS has a low carbon footprint and is 100% reusable/recyclable
- Patent protected